Dear Valued Customers,
We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to inform you about a crucial water supply system maintenance project planned by the Utica Water and Power Authority (Utica) for Monday October 30 through Wednesday November 1, which will impact City of Angels Camp (City) customers. During the three-day maintenance project, Utica’s water deliveries to the City’s Water Treatment Plant will be interrupted, and it is essential that City customers conserve water during this period.
Utica is scheduled to re-line 600 feet of water supply canal with concrete to seal cracks and repair leaks, which requires the canal to be dewatered. The City will rely on stored water in several small reservoirs to continue providing water to customers during the period when the normal water supply is not available. Due to the three-day duration of this project, and in alignment with the City’s Drought Contingency Plan, this situation falls under a critical water shortage condition, which necessitates immediate and concerted efforts from City customers to reduce water usage to the bare minimum.
Requirements for City customers during the outage period (October 30-November 1):
1. Water Use Reduction: We urge all customers to significantly reduce water usage within their homes, businesses, and public landscaping during this period. Limit unnecessary water use activities.
2. Irrigation Customers: For irrigation customers, it is mandatory that reclaimed water be used for all irrigation purposes during the maintenance period.
3. Landscaped Area Irrigation: The irrigation of landscaped areas should be suspended for the duration of the maintenance project.
4. Hose-End Sprinklers: The use of hose-end sprinklers is prohibited during this period.
5. Construction Water Usage: Any water required for construction purposes can only be sourced from designated fire hydrants and will require a permit from the city.
6. Essential Irrigation: Only essential irrigation of public landscaping is permitted to maintain the health of trees.
These water conservation actions are vital to ensure that the City has an adequate water supply during this maintenance project and to prevent the need for further restrictions. We understand that this may be an inconvenience, but your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping us maintain a sustainable and efficient water system.
We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Please
feel free to contact us if you have any questions or require further information regarding this critical
water conservation effort. Together, we can ensure the continued availability of water for all our
Utica Water and Power Authority
firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-736-9419
City of Angels
email@example.com or 209-736-2181